Updated Hours (in effect until further notice)
Monday – Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Saturday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Sunday: On-call for emergencies
As COVID-19 remains a threat to our community, Central Veterinary Services continues to adjust to the guidelines and best practices set forth by the CDC, the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association and our provincial and federal governments.
Effective immediately, Central Vet is making the following changes to ensure our clients and staff are best protected:
Curbside veterinary care, along with curbside food/medication pick-up, will continue for the foreseeable future.
- For any prescription or food requests, please request a refill via your PetDesk app, call or email at least 48 hours ahead. When you arrive to pick-up your order or to drop-off a sample, please remain in your vehicle and call 204-275-2038.
- We are aware that the changes we have made to our hours (see above) may be difficult for some of our clients to accommodate; therefore, we are providing the following options to assist with this:
1. Morning drop-offs for appointments, where we would house your animal for the day and then call as soon as their appointment was complete to set up a pick-up time before 5:30 PM that same day.
2. Evening drop-offs the night prior to surgery before 5:30 PM, where we would house your animal overnight if you could not accommodate a morning of surgery drop-off.
3. We have also opened up some earlier appointments starting at 7:30 AM to accommodate our clients who may prefer this.
- For all scheduled in-clinic appointments, upon arrival, please text us at 204-275-2038. We will direct you from there which door we will meet you at to get your animal for their appointment. You will then return to your vehicle. Masks are mandatory for all drop-offs and pick-ups (if you are medically unable to wear a mask, please alert us prior to the appointment). All dogs will need to be on a leash or in a secure carrier, and all cats must arrive in a secure carrier – no exceptions. We ask that you maintain 6 feet of distance from our staff members and other clients at all times. Once we take your animal inside for their appointment, we ask that you return to your vehicle and have your phone readily available so that we can reach you to discuss your animal.
- For payment, please be prepared to pay with a credit card or by debit e-transfer at the time of your animal’s appointment/pick-up. This is typically done over the phone or on your device as you are in the parking lot. We are not accepting cash at this time.
- Our clients will be allowed into the building to be with their animal during a euthanasia (in a designated room with direct entry from the outside). Special directions will be given.
- For large animal on-farm appointments, we ask that only one individual be present with the animal to allow for social distancing whenever possible. Masks are mandatory for both you and our team to keep everyone safe. For large animal in-clinic appointments, we are still having you wait in your vehicle or drop your animal off as our doors are currently closed to the public.
- If you have a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, have GI symptoms, runny nose, sore throat or headache, we ask that you reschedule your pet’s appointment. Please do not come to the clinic if you are currently under self-isolation/are quarantined, actively sick, or have been exposed to COVID-19. Delay routine care items until you are well. If your animal is sick, we will ask that you send a friend, family member, or neighbour to bring your animal in for treatment, and we will contact you over the phone. Please let the staff know when scheduling the appointment if you have been exposed to COVID-19, are sick, or are under active self-isolation/quarantine.
THE HEALTH OF OUR CLIENTS, PATIENTS, AND STAFF ARE OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE TO US, AND WE SINCERELY APPRECIATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING DURING THIS CHALLENGING TIME. PLEASE CALL US WITH ANY QUESTIONS AT 204-275-2038.