Monday – Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Saturday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Sunday: On-call for emergencies
As COVID-19 remains a threat to our community, Central Veterinary Services continues to adjust to the guidelines and best practices set forth by the CDC, the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association and our provincial and federal governments.
Central Vet is making the following changes to ensure our clients and staff are best protected:
We are reopening the clinic to clients for in-person appointments as of August 30, 2021. In an effort to keep our clients and team healthy, we ask that only one person per appointment enter the clinic. Individuals entering the clinic will be required to wear a mask. If you are not feeling well, or if you have had confirmed or possible contact with a COVID-19 case, please inform our staff so we may accommodate alternate curbside services for you. Curbside services will also remain available to those who wish to stay outside the clinic and for those unable to wear a mask.
- For large animal on-farm appointments, we ask that only one individual be present with the animal to allow for social distancing whenever possible.
- If you have a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, have GI symptoms, runny nose, sore throat or headache, we ask that you reschedule your pet’s appointment. Please do not come to the clinic if you are currently under self-isolation/are quarantined, actively sick, or have been exposed to COVID-19. Delay routine care items until you are well. If your animal is sick, we will ask that you send a friend, family member, or neighbour to bring your animal in for treatment, and we will contact you over the phone. Please let the staff know when scheduling the appointment if you have been exposed to COVID-19, are sick, or are under active self-isolation/quarantine.
We are aware that the changes we have made to our hours (see above) may be difficult for some of our clients to accommodate; therefore, we are providing the following options to assist with this:
- Morning drop-offs for appointments, where we would house your animal for the day and then call as soon as their appointment was complete to set up a pick-up time before 5:30 PM that same day.
- Evening drop-offs the night prior to surgery before 5:30 PM, where we would house your animal overnight if you could not accommodate a morning of surgery drop-off.
Optional Curbside Policy:
- For any prescription or food requests, please request a refill via your PetDesk app, call or email at least 48 hours ahead. When you arrive to pick up your order or to drop off a sample, please remain in your vehicle and call 204-275-2038.
- For curbside appointments, upon arrival, please text us at 204-275-2038. We will direct you from there which door we will meet you at to get your animal for their appointment. You will then return to your vehicle. All dogs will need to be on a leash or in a secure carrier, and all cats must arrive in a secure carrier – no exceptions. We ask that you maintain 6 feet of distance from our staff members and other clients at all times. Once we take your animal inside for their appointment, we ask that you return to your vehicle and have your phone readily available so that we can reach you to discuss your animal.
- For payment, please be prepared to pay with a credit card or by debit e-transfer at the time of your animal’s appointment/pick-up. This is typically done over the phone or on your device as you are in the parking lot.
THE HEALTH OF OUR CLIENTS, PATIENTS, AND STAFF IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE TO US, AND WE SINCERELY APPRECIATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING DURING THIS CHALLENGING TIME. PLEASE CALL US WITH ANY QUESTIONS AT 204-275-2038.